Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI'm glad they finally made an album.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3026600&mesg_id=3026616
3026616, I'm glad they finally made an album.
Posted by phemom, Fri Aug-28-20 06:44 PM
Most of the LOX projects over the last few years sounded like mixtapes or practice mode....this sounds pretty complete.

The only negatives is that I didn't really need 4 girl joints....tho I do like the song with T-Pain a lot more than I thought I would when I saw the tracklist.

Think of the LOX might be a top 5 LOX song ever....but that may be the newness talking. More rappers need to call Large Pro, something tells me once word gets around that he did this one we will see more production on albums from him in 2021.

One thing that stands out is how well Louch keeps up on the more topical songs....it didn't used to be like that at all. Sheek should use that energy into a solo record, I bet he could surprise some folks because he can rap about more than liquor, shooting and bricks lol.

Kinda surprised Swizz only got half a beat here....and the one he's involved in sounds like it's all Arrabmusik.

Right now the album sounds good, but it might sound better in the winter....as this really isn't a summer joint at all especially the second half of it.