Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subject"King's Disease 2", But No Nas & Premier Album Though?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3026287&mesg_id=3033730
3033730, "King's Disease 2", But No Nas & Premier Album Though?
Posted by Dj Joey Joe, Tue Aug-03-21 08:38 PM
I guess he's not regulated to a record label or a&r to tell him what to do but seriously just cause he finally wins a grammy for the first one doesn't mean they gave it to him cause of what was actually on it, they did it cause he should've gotten one for his first three albums; Grammys is good for being "super late to the party" when it comes to albums/artists that should've won an award.

Anyway, I know most people are tired of kats like me bringing up the "Nas & Premier" collabo album that's been talked about to death but never seems to get worked on by them two, but so many people want it; when he decided to give his listeners a sequel to "Lost Tapes" and it was a flop cause he didn't use any of the early material but the DefJam vaulted material, many felt it was a dud (well I thought it was anyway).

I would've even liked an album where he got with Large Professor and just took it back to the beginning, shit I would even go for another Bravehearts album as long as it's with producers he has worked with in the past not these new kats who have been giving him bland/souless production.

Will I check out this new album aka "songs him & Hitboy left off the first album" thingie, yeah but I'm not even hyped about it, kind of dreading it cause I don't want to see one of my top favorite lyricist just keep putting out weak material after another.