Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: Disagree
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3026287&mesg_id=3026643
3026643, RE: Disagree
Posted by go mack, Sun Aug-30-20 12:47 PM
I agree with you here. I just threw on Untitled this weekend and enjoy a lot of it, his verses are great. It has highs and lows tho like a lot of his album. King's Disease is one of the better produced "albums" he has but I can only really rank it above Nastradamus and Nasir. I think I still prefer every one of his other albums for the bars above anything else and that's the main thing I want from Nas.

Some of the beat selection naysayers are funny to me. Up in this post, someone wanted Salaam Remi but that's kinda when it all started when he was producing God's Son and Street's Disciple which I like both but that's when a lot of the bad ear for beats stuff started it seemed. As for a Premo album while it would be cool, it would get compared with Royce and not sure he'd want that now.

I'd also say Nas' discography is way better than Snoop's. He has 2 bad albums to me and a lot that are a mixed bag but still lots of good and great songs on them, just not albums most would play front to back a lot except hardcore fans like myself. I play Nas albums more than Scarface tho as well and his discography is regarded as one of the best.