Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI have music on pretty much all the time
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3026033&mesg_id=3026056
3026056, I have music on pretty much all the time
Posted by Kosa12, Wed Jul-29-20 12:38 PM
Of course, there are times during work when I need complete silence to focus, but generally, I have music on and I also have music on whenever I am walking somewhere or shopping, etc. I often use my weekly grocery shopping as a time to immerse myself in recently released records. I also designate time for focused listening to albums - just sitting at my desk at home and taking the album in. The first listen I give an album is always a "focused" listen. I've heard all of the records I listed multiple times (to varying degrees) in all of those contexts.

I also write about music fairly often for fun, so it's interesting to me to revisit records I loved on those initial 2-3 focused listens and see if my opinion on them has evolved in any way or how they work in a different context. I usually end up with around 100-ish releases that I like to varying degrees per year, and the ones that end up towards the top of my list are the ones that impress me the most/I revisit the most.