Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectover-ear/wireless headphone recs? (in $200-300 range)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3025742
3025742, over-ear/wireless headphone recs? (in $200-300 range)
Posted by Robert, Tue Jul-14-20 08:58 AM
currently have the Audio-Technica ATH-S700BT, which looks like it just crapped out on me (after a good 3-4 years of constant use)
3025743, I have these Sennheisers
Posted by Oak27, Tue Jul-14-20 09:05 AM
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E3XLNA0

Really like them, my first pair of Sennheisers, first pair of wireless, first pair of noise-cancelling (before that I always got those $130 Bose over the ears) so can't really compare them to other wireless/noise-cancelling.
3025750, ordered--thanks everyone..
Posted by Robert, Tue Jul-14-20 01:24 PM
3025776, let us know how you like them compared to our ATs!
Posted by Dstl1, Wed Jul-15-20 09:31 AM
3025969, initial review:
Posted by Robert, Fri Jul-24-20 11:31 AM
- the sound on these is already a noticeable notch above the ATs--feels like it's a "wider" frequency response

- it's "touchscreen" controls (just a flat pad on the right ear cup and you swipe your finger accordingly to play-pause/volume control/ffwd-rwd). it'll take some getting used to but im sure ill prefer in end

- my only minor gripes are design-related..you twist the earcup to turn on/off? (just give me a simple button) the buttons to control features (noise-cancelling, some other "effect" thing and the bluetooth switch) are kinda on the small side..and to me doesnt give a clear "it's now on or it's now off" regardless of what side you have it on

feel free to ignore my gripes though..im the type of person where even if a 100 people tell me "drop the iphone & get a samsung", i'll stick with the iphone just because i simply dont want to learn a whole new phone at this point (regardless of how superior it is)

(person that first recommended these sennheisers..thank you though. like i said the sound is fantastic..if you have any random thoughts on how to make these more user-friendly for the newbie, feel free to chime in..)
3025745, i really like the v-modas
Posted by mista k5, Tue Jul-14-20 09:24 AM
i have the first version of these, just waiting for these to go on sale so that i can warranty into them lol

https://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Crossfade-Wireless-Codex-Qualcomm/dp/B07DMMXC9L

the ones i have dont fold down, have less battery life and dont support the newest codex. the sound is supposed to be the same. its a fun sound, some emphasis on bass but not overpowering. i just wish the ear cups were a bit larger as they dont go all the way around my ears. need like 5mm more lol

3025746, I have those, exact same model...
Posted by Dstl1, Tue Jul-14-20 10:44 AM
had them since 2017. They've been workhorses. Dropped them off the roof, once, while I was cleaning the gutters. I have different styles of headphones, but these are the ones I use when I do housework or yard work (the only ones I can hear, easily over the lawnmower)
3025777, Beyerdynamics DT770s
Posted by Anonymous, Wed Jul-15-20 11:06 AM
Thank me later
3026108, RE: Beyerdynamics DT770s
Posted by djfilthyrich, Thu Jul-30-20 03:09 AM
>Thank me later

I have those and love them.....but OP wanted wireless and these are hardwired
3026110, You right you right...just saw that wireless part lol
Posted by Anonymous, Thu Jul-30-20 05:30 AM