Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: isaac hayes- hyperbolicsyllabicsusquedalmistic.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3025441&mesg_id=3025694
3025694, RE: isaac hayes- hyperbolicsyllabicsusquedalmistic.
Posted by jimaveli, Fri Jul-10-20 07:29 PM
>
>______________________________________________________________________________
>
>"To Each His Reach"
>
>but.....
>
>Fuck aliens.

Black Moses is your guy for long azz songs. Sometimes he'll bless it with a different bridge or something to pay it off. Other times? Nope...just Ike not wanting to get out of there cuz he was jammin too hard. But sometimes it works out. I'll listen to Walk on By in full most of the time for instance. I feel cheated when I stumble in to the 'short' version by accident.

Barry would do it too but I'm so pro-Barry up until around the album he made with Glodean (sp) that you can't expect me to admit that in writing! The album version of I've Found Someone..he literally says that he has no more words to say AND THEN HE SINGS THE HOOK AGAIN and vamps out randomly. Me and my momma clown about that every time. Her and my pops were huge Barry fans so they put me on. I still laugh when I think about how quick they'd turn off Love Serenade when I was little. All I'd hear was 'TAKE IT OFF!' then record scratch and onto the other side. I didn't hear the whole song until I was a teenager.