Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectsaw KRS in a small club in buffalo 96, mos def at nuyorican 98
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3024761&mesg_id=3024818
3024818, saw KRS in a small club in buffalo 96, mos def at nuyorican 98
Posted by spitfire, Thu May-28-20 11:22 AM
but we were lucky out here in Amsterdam. So many artists come through and the main venues in the centre only hold like 1500-2000.

saw so many shows there.

Predator tour with Cube, kam & Lenchmob was my first at 15. midnight marauders tour. Das efx with the fugees opening in 94, i even talked to Lauryn , no idea who she was. the roots multiple times early on with Rahzel and the hall filled with plants if i remember correctly. Wutang in 97 a week before wu forever dropped was another crazy one. Em & Dre at the height of their succes in like 2001? a couple of Nas shows, some classic, some forgettable. I think also the last show Big L did (with AG, Dilated Peoples, X-cutioners), there even might be vinyl of that. good memories.

i remember this one time Pharoahe Monch was supposed to perform with Black Star and Mos & Talib cancelled last minute so instead it was Common and Rahzel. Simon Says was just out and people were so hyped over that track. When he finally did it the house just came down. the floors and walls were shaking and they were just keepin it going with com jumping in with some verses and out of nowhere ice-t comes up from the crowd and also joins in. they had the whole place jumping mad. front to back. i thought shit was about to collapse. one of the craziest i have seen.