Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectThis is still indie but
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3024761&mesg_id=3024771
3024771, This is still indie but
Posted by bills, Tue May-26-20 10:29 AM
I saw Phonte, 9th, and Median on tour to support Charity Starts at Home/The Wonder Years/The Sender at a club that I would say is the size of an average-sized bar (I don't know if that means something wildly different around the country) in Chicago.
Kinda funny, my homeboy and I usually come a little late to concerts, because some venues, such as the House of Blues in Chicago, start several hours late under normal conditions. I told my friend, "Let's get to this one on time, because I bet Phonte works his shows like a regular job -- clock in on time, clock out on time".
Sure enough (this is not a complaint), Median opened, Tay started exactly on time, no encore, ghost the moment he put the mic down.
9th DJ'd for them, came down at the end of Phonte's set, and leaned against the front of the stage to meet fans and take flicks (got my vinyl copy of TWY signed. Thanks 9th!).
Rapsody didn't perform, but she was selling T-shirts at the merch table next to the bar. It felt like I was one of the only people that recognized her.
Very dope experience.