Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectThe original post did.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3024658&mesg_id=3024739
3024739, The original post did.
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Sat May-23-20 03:55 PM
First line is "a lot of them be sangin."
She reiterates this in the comments.

>What I'm saying is that she absolutely belongs on the list
>where she's the only one designated as "not the best singer."
>None of them are "sangas"

I can't argue with that. In fact, I've said in this very post, that there are a few on the list that I don't think are great singers. Even my own contributions are just ppl I think the OP might like based on the list (although I do think Hannah Williams is nice). This Deborah Williams woman has exceptional voice control, great tone (Futuristica Family Sessions performance of 'Phoenix'). Alice Russell has a strong voice. I think she's talented. I also think all 3 of the women I just mentioned would sing Coco under the table LOL. Difference between you and I tho, is I'm 100% cool if you disagree with what I'm saying about these singers. *shrugs*

>But you're talking like she's Alina.

I had no idea who this Alina person was that you kept mentioning. I had to look her up. Having listening to a live clip and her studio recordings, no I'm absolutely not "talking like" Coco is Alina, because I wouldn't say Alina has a nice soothing voice. I'd say she can't sing and they put studio magic on her voice to give the impression that it's nice and soothing. Big difference. I never said Coco couldn't sing... nor would I. You're just taking it that way.

>Also, it doesn't matter that this point, but I meant "Hey
>Love" as the example, and not Favorite Star.

Hey man, I'm glad it impresses you. Her standing around singing with 4 black men don't make her a sanger to me, and I still hear her limitations in the performance. I really hate it for you if that triggers you or whatever, but I just don't think she's the best singer, but I've always been a fan of her.