Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectGood points. Yeah the benefit of having the artists there
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3024504&mesg_id=3024580
3024580, Good points. Yeah the benefit of having the artists there
Posted by lightworks, Sat May-16-20 09:04 AM
is it’s interesting to see what they would pick themselves as their best songs (especially those last 5) but yeah I feel like with Erykah and Jill it really brought home how it can be kinda boring just to listen to them talk for long periods of time in between.

Babyface I dug because he had little funny or snarky stories in between that would into the next song and I don’t think Teddy took a whole lot of time in between songs either but like yeah...

I don’t think I would have much interest in random DJs spinning songs but I don’t think I want to just see artists play songs off of iTunes either...

I was extra hype I admit because I thought both Jill and Erykah would perform (or maybe at least E since she has quarantine concerts) so when they didn’t I was let down but of course there shouldn’t be an expectation of performing since ya know they are doing this for free...

Final point: this all made more sense when it was songwriters or producers battling because they can’t sing the songs and also you and the element of surprise by finding one they were the ones who did this or that song but when the actual artists themselves are battling it’s less interesting.