Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectIt's cool, I like it. Prob more than most of the previous Gunn projects.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3023841&mesg_id=3023946
3023946, It's cool, I like it. Prob more than most of the previous Gunn projects.
Posted by Oak27, Mon Apr-20-20 09:57 AM
I'd sound like a broken record saying the things I liked and disliked about it, as most of my sentiments have been echoed already.

He's got one of the best ears for beats and while I've warmed up a bit on the adlibs they are still way too overdone. They seem to be very over with his biggest fans though so I doubt he'll discontinue leaning into it. I've been on a Joey Bada$$ kick as of late so 327 came at the perfect time, and Gibbs has been on a tear over the last year (and even before that really) so anything he's on is going to have replay value.

My favorite tracks: 327, French Toast, $500 ounces, Shawn vs. Flair, LE Djoliba.

I'll add those to my Griselda playlist and likely won't revisit the album in its entirety for a while. I recognize Gunn is an important part of Griselda, but this album did nothing to change my opinion that he's better in smaller doses, occasionally jumping in with adlibs hooks and occasional verses while Benny and Conway carry the workload.

A solid 6/10 to me.