Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectlove these posts
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3022999&mesg_id=3023273
3023273, love these posts
Posted by mashpg89, Thu Apr-02-20 08:12 PM
shout out to those of you who post in these year after year. i always find some gems thanks to the recommendations here.

I haven't been dedicating enough time to really digging deep into albums but here are a few I've enjoyed that I haven't seen mentioned yet

King Krule - Man Alive! : definitely mood music and not much of a change from The OOZ, but some standout songs and I'm guessing this will be a grower on me like his last one.

Charlotte Dos Santos - Harvest Time : short EP but I'm glad to hear anything new from her at this point. really enjoyed Red Clay a few years back and this is a nice tease. hopefully she's got a full length coming soon

Disclosure - Ecstasy : short EP from this popular electronic duo but an interesting direction they went.

Sir Michael Rocks - Broken Windows of Opportunity : always liked this rapper and feel like he's been real slept on the past few years. this album didn't blow me away and I like some of his past work better, but it was a step up from his last album and has some good songs.

On top of those, some of what y'all mentioned that I would recommend as well:

Kota the Friend - Lyrics To Go Vol 1. and out of his singles Her was my favorite
Moses Sumney - Grae vol. 1
Destroyer - Have We Met
Mac Miller - Circles
Theophilus London - Bebey
Boldy James - The Price of Tea In China
R.A.P. Ferriera - Purple Moonlight Pages (sometimes he's like a caricature of himself, but I like Milo and he did his thing here)