Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectAlbum is unbelievably ass
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3021937&mesg_id=3022848
3022848, Album is unbelievably ass
Posted by Anonymous, Mon Mar-16-20 08:45 PM
Fortunate for him, he has built such a mystique that there are fans that will love anything he does.

But honestly, every single thing about this album is trash.

Let’s start with what the expectations for this album are. Jay Elec was praised as the next Nas...or whatever you want to call it. Exhibit C had him prepped to be one of the greats period. Crazy production, unique rhyme cadence, fresh phrasing, uncut hip-hop shit. That was what, over a decade ago? It would be one thing if he completely vanished but he kept popping up with legends, talks about various deals, entire album rumored to be laced by Just Blaze...and so on and so on.

So now here we are with him not being an afterthought but still an extremely hyped artist with co-signs from the greats.

And this, THIS, is the debut album he gives us?

Even if it is decent, you can’t let this mafucka slide with this...this?

10 verses?

Jay-Z on all but one track?

Lazy ass elementary production, half with no drums?

At least two with insanely identifiable samples?

Under 40 minutes?

Absolutely 0 energy or range of emotion or topics from track to track?

Did I mention Jay was on every song?

Did I mention Jay showed him up on every song and even Jay was basic and lazy as fuck with his new found “look at me I finally read a book at age 50” fake ass deep shit.

This shit is utter trash and y’all should be ashamed for even thinking to half respect this shit.

It’s like Lebron skipped college but instead of going to the league, just hung out with all-stars, played a couple pick up games at Team USA tryouts, then at age 30 decided to sign with the a team only to get bounced in the first round of the playoffs while averaging 15 points a game.

Fuck out of here with this bullshit.