Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectGlad it’s here. Just wanted to hear him spit new stuff
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3021937&mesg_id=3022761
3022761, Glad it’s here. Just wanted to hear him spit new stuff
Posted by natenate101, Fri Mar-13-20 01:14 AM
Jay’Z’s presence all over this is disappointing and takes away from the experience I was hoping for. Just wanted Jay Elec alone, especially considering its so short.

First Listen thoughts:
Second half of The Blinding is dope.
Universal Soldier is real solid. Jay is annoying on it.
Neverending Story is snoozeville. I really dislike the slow ass drumless tracks.
Flux Capacitor beat, wooooooo! Jay is good on this. Chorus vocals sound goofy. Jay Elec not quite riding the beat proper. Elec is weak on this.
Fruits of the Spirit ain’t got drums but it’s more of what I was hoping for. Short as hell though.
Ezekiel’s Wheel. Goddamn man, Jay-Z stilted stuff gets under my skin. Will be a grower because I like the subtle stuff going on in the background but will need to be in the right mood.
APITDA- ugh, too much Jigga. Im out when I hear him, but pulled back in when Elec gets on. It’s not impressive lyrically but he just has a commanding voice and approach.
Nice vibe on this one. But then it’s over.

Really too much Hov for me. Didn’t need it. Sounds like Jay wanted to put out music but not a full length so he woke Jay Elec up from stasis and got some joints together. These can’t be songs Elec had already had built up waiting to be released.