Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectMay The Lord Watch was in heavy rotation for months
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3021934&mesg_id=3021936
3021936, May The Lord Watch was in heavy rotation for months
Posted by DJR, Thu Feb-06-20 09:23 PM
and while I’m not playing it often enough to say it’s in “rotation” now - I did listen to it again just last week. Great album. I also played Separate But Equal recently, and have gone to Chitlin Circuit 1.5 on and off for awhile now.

But really that new LB album got me playing the whole Justus League again. I bought and enjoyed Chaundon and DJ Flash’s new album, I played all the Away Team albums at some point last fall, I played Median’s - The Sender heavily for awhile, and Legacy’s - I’m A Star has gotten heavy play from me for awhile(album as a whole is too dark for me at this point lol, but it’s dope). Also Big Pooh, Joe Scudda, and Chaundon - Plastic Cups and Big Pooh, Jozeemo, Chaundon, and Scudda - Roll Call have gotten a lot of play from me recently too.

Common - BE marks a very specific time for me in Spring of ‘05. Takes me right back to eating bagel thins with miracle whip on them as meals, and cleaning the HELL out of our apartment with my roommates to make sure we got our deposit back, as my senior year of college came to an end. Can’t say I’ve gone back to that album much for whatever reason, but I really loved it at the time.