Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subject*You* are nitpicking, for the record. lol
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3020929&mesg_id=3022396
3022396, *You* are nitpicking, for the record. lol
Posted by Brew, Thu Feb-27-20 11:16 AM
Those of us who have criticized the album have cited a few reasons why. Beats, concepts, anti-vaxx lines, probably a couple others I'm forgetting.

*You* (well, OE .. but he's just a troll. You responded to him and are actually discussing the topic in earnest lol) took the anti-vaxx lines and nitpicked just that one gripe and acted like the rest of us decided that those lines, in a vacuum with no other context, were the reason we don't like the album yet.

That's not how it went though.

>Who may find it hard to enjoy the album because
>of those lines. I know one doesn't mean all but
>
>the tone from others seems to be somewhat dismissive
>or at the very least those 2 lines have cast a lil shadow
>over
>totality of the project for some people ... at the moment.
>
>And in the next moment or listening we might pull something
>else out to applaud or disagree with.
>
>but for now, Like OE said, I do find the knit picking to
>be interesting. I don't think he's saying that you have to
>like
>the album.
>
>His argument seems to be
>
>Black Death & Destruction is more prevalent in the music
>than Anti Vax
>But we enjoy music with Black Death knowing that we don't
>have
>subscribe to it no matter how detrimental it may actually be
>
>So should we not do the same with 2 anti vax bars ???
>In a world where we get whole discogs of Black Death
>Royce has 2 anti vax bars, not a whole album just 2 bars,
>thats it
>
>I get where he's coming from

I'd get where he was coming from too if he wasn't a full time, PhD-level troll haha. In instances like this he has no interest in nuanced discussion, just wants to call everyone nerds and be stubborn and trolly and shit.

But to your point I understand the overarching point, too. But the above applies, at least for me personally, in the sense that if the beats were good and the songs were overall more enjoyable, I may mention the cringey anti-vaxx lines but still be able to listen to and enjoy the music as a whole in spite of them, just like I do a lot of other music that's enjoyable in spite of the inappropriate or dishonest lyrical content.