Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectLOL. When I saw them I had to walk THRU the pit.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3020448&mesg_id=3022050
3022050, LOL. When I saw them I had to walk THRU the pit.
Posted by Brew, Tue Feb-11-20 09:41 PM
I was like 5 "rows" back (in quotes because there were no seats, it was Rock the Bells so any organization was crowd-made) for Wu-Tang at Rock the Bells on Randall's Island in ... 2007 or 2008 when RATM was headlining. So Wu finished and Rage was next. I *thought* I wanted to remain where I was for Rage, so I stayed put while a good majority of the crowd went and apparently drank all the water while they flipped the stage for RATM.

Big mistake. As it got closer to showtime the savages came and staked their position. I was still cool at first cuz I was high as fuck and was really psyched to be so close for that RATM reunion. But then after the excitement of the first like 5 songs had run its course, and we'd run out of weed, I had a fucking fierce case of dry mouth and needed liquids stat.

Tried to make my way through the crowd and found myself on the outer circle of a psychotic mob/mosh pit beating the fuck out of eachother. Unless I wanted to walk like 100 yards to my left or right to avoid it I had no choice but to fight my way thru.

So I threw up my hands on some white flag shit trying to find whatever space I could. Couple kids almost came to destroy me but once they saw that I was not one of them they played nice and let me thru.

Dodged that bullet basically unscatched; I only caught a couple shoves and low elbows to the midsection as I rushed thru.

...... only to find that there was no water left anywhere. Fuck.

Watched the rest of the show from the back of that first huge sea of humans, which was fine. At least I caught Wu up close and the first few Rage songs too.

That was fun as hell but I doubt I'd do it again unless I had some kind of water apparatus attached to me lol.