Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subject*Sigh* My sentiments exactly
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3018294&mesg_id=3018325
3018325, *Sigh* My sentiments exactly
Posted by MeshaMeesh, Fri Aug-30-19 12:10 PM
>I really liked the aesthetic and video for "Show Me You Love"
>or whatever that song was called, that song and vid is vintage
>Comm IMO.
>
>But I had a feeling this album was gonna be heavier on the
>syrupy, motivational speaker Comm stuff and lighter on the
>lyrical monster Comm ... which lessens my interest.
>
>I'll still be listening of course, he's my fav MC of all time.
>But I'm not expecting it to be my cup of tea really.
>
>Thankfully I still have Black America Again to go back to for
>what I'm looking for.

One thing I can say though - I do like the production. It's kinda close to the mood and sound of the August Greene album, and it took me a couple of listens for it to click and now I love that album a lot. The thing about that AG and "Let Love" is that the mood of the album feels quite somber - and idk why I'm so drawn to it lol.

BUT I really miss the rappity rap Com too... especially on certain songs like "Hercules". I think it would make for a better album overall. Com is introspective in this one, but man, I know he could go waaayyy deeper.

I'm also glad that Burniss Earl Travis II aka Boom Bishop is finally getting the shoutout and major production credit on this one. He played on a handful of projects and songs I really love for the past few years. Looking forward to seeing his career flourish!

I still am trying to figure out how/if I like Samora Pinderhuges. Like on the August Greene album, there are a few tracks where I think he's a perfect fit, and there are others that are "meh" for me. I think it also depends if he sings falsetto too - which I'm not so much a fan of.

So "Let Love" (for me) would be one of the albums I'd put on if I'm looking to hear something slower paced and jazzy soul-influenced (idk how else to describe it, my mind can't think of something better lol).

(fyi - this is after my 2nd listen - I'll be coming back to add on if my feelings change after way more listens)

---

https://twitter.com/MeeshUniVerSoul

"She was on that tip about stoppin' the violence
About my people she was teachin' me..."