Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectthe samples/vocal takes of skits/ stories....amazing stuff
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3017876&mesg_id=3026544
3026544, the samples/vocal takes of skits/ stories....amazing stuff
Posted by DJR, Sat Aug-22-20 11:11 PM
That was an old school OKP’s dream. Didn’t realize Nicolay was on the album : he played keys on “Right on Time”. Funny stuff about Phonte imitating Busta’s “hah!” on Everything and Scarface’s “I sit alone..” on Sittin Alone, rather than those being samples.

Was dope seeing the comments from a lot of JL members/affiliates. I know I saw Comanche, EA Floe, Chaundon, Big Dho, and Joe Scudda in there. Add-2 was in there, think I saw Zo! and definitely some other artists I’m forgetting.

I was getting distracted at the end but I know I heard them say LB is on Lute’s upcoming album as well as 2 more upcoming albums. Phonte said he’s executive producing Lyric Jones’ next album, maybe that was one of them? Can’t remember the other one. But it was good to hear there’s more LB coming up, in the form of guest appearances.

Lute’s last album was REALLY dope. Definitely will be checking for that next one when it drops.