Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI've thought about this a little more and I really want to hear from 9th.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3017876&mesg_id=3018883
3018883, I've thought about this a little more and I really want to hear from 9th.
Posted by Brew, Thu Sep-19-19 09:48 AM
I doubt we will, cause it seems like they all want to kind of move on from it and I feel like he'd have put something out on social media by now if he did want to respond. But I do think his side of the story may help clarify some things.

Cause honestly I still can't blame him for wanting to be the sole producer for a true LB reunion. Obviously, the way 9th submitted beats makes a difference in context. For instance if he was doing what Tay sort of hinted that he was doing, just sending in stray beats with nothing tailored for Tay and Pooh and what they were looking for, that's one thing. And in that case I'd understand Tay and Pooh feeling like 9th wasn't fully invested in the reunion.

But if he was actively trying to tailor the beats to what they were looking for, and they just weren't feeling the first batch of beats he sent in, that's another thing. Cause then I'd understand 9th feeling some kind of way by being told "we want to include other producers" rather than "yo we're not really feeling these, let's get together and make sure we're all on the same page." How exactly that happened wasn't entirely clear in the interviews I've seen from Tay and Pooh.

Cause honestly if Tay and Pooh immediately jumped to "you can't produce the whole album," that might explain 9th saying "well in that case I just want to do the festivals, Flash can do the regular tour stop" know what I mean ?

In case it's not clear I'm absolutely, 100% speculating on all the above. Obviously I know nothing beyond what we've seen Tay and Pooh say in recent interviews. But there's 2 sides to every story so my point is that hearing 9th's perspective may clarify some things we're all just assuming/speculating about at this point.