Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectYea agreed.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3017876&mesg_id=3018066
3018066, Yea agreed.
Posted by Brew, Wed Aug-21-19 01:10 PM
>Though I think *some* of this singing is worse than fine.
>
>
>I think 9th could have brought more needed variety, which is
>odd to say considering the producer list.
>
>
>But overall a very good album and very happy it dropped...and
>to have so many Tay verses (I was worried).
>
>
>
>And I've never been the biggest Pooh fan, but he fucking
>brought it here.
>
>I can see the MS comparisons (the skits, Pooh's performance,
>etc), I just don't think its on that level to me (at this
>point anyway, things can change).
>
>And even if it never hits that level to me, its not a diss cuz
>MS is fantastic album, so not hitting that standard isn't a
>failure.

I don't really think it can possibly reach MS level for me personally, based on a combination of (a) where I was @ in my life when MS dropped and the built-in nostalgia due to that, (b) the lack of variety in the songs we're talking about here, and (c) on a related note, the lack of 9th and what he brings to the table.

But as we've been saying, it's really damn good and I'm so happy to have this album. And I'm happy for Tay and Pooh who seem genuinely fucking THRILLED to be giving this to the fans and to be back together again. Which makes the lack of 9th all the more perplexing.

Which reminds me I saw some dude on Twitter last nite say that Tay blocked him cause he @'d Tay being slightly critical about the album. He basically said that he wasn't even being disrespectful just being honest about his feelings that the album wasn't that good. Tay's response was, I think verbatim:

"Dude, I don't give a shit. Today is a celebration. Go cry somewhere else."

LOLOLOL. That made me appreciate what I was listening to that much more. These dudes just seem fucking *happy* to be going back to their roots. And that's meaningful as fuck.