Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectThe O-Zone Files: Rare Demos and Unreleased Tracks - O.C.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3017651
3017651, The O-Zone Files: Rare Demos and Unreleased Tracks - O.C.
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Fri Aug-09-19 12:27 AM
Just had a track from this release come across my Spotify playlist (Master Ya High).

Haven't had a chance to listen to all of this. It has a bunch of tracks (~3:30:00 worth) but would be worth a listen for O.C. fans.
3017684, I'm Surprised You Just Now Hearing About This Compilation
Posted by Dj Joey Joe, Fri Aug-09-19 10:53 PM
It was put out by the same guys (No Sleep Records) who did an unreleased album from Godfather Don, that Buckwild & Celph-Titled collabo album, a bunch of Nick Wiz collections of unreleased produced songs & beats, and an unreleased collection of Beatnuts joints.

What I hated about that label was I had to really hunt them down (special order from your local mom & store, or go online like Fatbeats or UGHH) cause they were pressed up in limited quantities and sometimes you didn't know about it until after it's been out for a few months.

But, yeah that O.C. album has some gems on it, that made you wonder why they a few got left off the first album.

3017686, I'm all types of late when it comes to new releases
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Fri Aug-09-19 11:17 PM
And if it wasn't for this random track coming up on my playlist, I wouldn't have even looked for it.

But the couple of tracks I've made it through are pretty dope.
3017746, Listening now. Love 94 O.C. Thanks for the tip
Posted by spirit, Tue Aug-13-19 06:47 AM
Only a few tracks in, but If I had to guess why these were left on the cutting room floor, my guess would be because the songs used on the album had stronger concepts that were better executed (with less cursing), but these are better than a lot of songs I’ve heard lately.

Edit: quite a few tracks further in now, that stretch and Bob promo is golden. That Clear Day OG version is vicious. Maybe held back by sample clearance?

Peace,

Spirit (Alan)
http://wutangbook.com
3017749, i think this dropped on wax in the 00's... super dope though!!!
Posted by My_SP1200_Broken_Again, Tue Aug-13-19 08:33 AM