Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectKanye's 5 albums of 2018 taken as a whole piece of art
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3017623&mesg_id=3017623
3017623, Kanye's 5 albums of 2018 taken as a whole piece of art
Posted by Zarathuckya, Thu Aug-08-19 03:00 AM
Has anyone here tried playing these back to back to back to back to back? Someone has them as a whole playlist on Spotify as "G.O.O.D Summer". I've been thrashing it. Though I'm not sure people have attention spans that long these days

It's a cohesive piece of hip hop, a 36 track "album" by the same producer and 5 different MCs. Each MC puts their own quirk on it

The beats are by the same producer, created as far as I can tell around the same time while he was at his place in the Wyoming, or as he said, "chopping beats from the sunken place".

One thing I like is how the last track of each "album" transitions smooth to the beginning of the next one

There's cool little bits that overlap across the different projects e.g. Slick Rick vocal samples pop up on the Ye "album" on No Mistakes then again on the Nasir "album" on Cops Shot the Kid... And then I think Nas or Ye makes further Slick Rick references at another point.

Pusha T resurrects again on the first verse on the Kid Cudi "album"

Cool things like that

The correct order I believe goes

1) Pusha T
2) Ye
3) Cudi
4) Nas
5) Teyana

So that's my recommendation. Take it as a whole piece. Banger after banger with very few skippers

Peace