Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectWhat do you call it when Artist start overdoing it? Baroque Period?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3017574&mesg_id=3017574
3017574, What do you call it when Artist start overdoing it? Baroque Period?
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Aug-06-19 03:07 PM
Swimming with Dolphin's period?

I am talking about that period or album after an artist blows up so they start doing stuff like adding orchestras or choirs to their songs when they were way more interesting with just like their small band or a mic and a dope beat. When they start doing collaborations not because it makes sense but because now they can get Elton John on the track.

I think of Prince when he went into his NPG phase. Axel Rose swimming with dolphins. I almost think of Kanye Late Registration but he actually kind of pulled it off.

You know what I am talking about? I am thinking the music heads would have a term for this. Is there?

If you know what I am talking about name some other artist and the albums in which they jumped that shark.

Or

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"