Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectNew Music Friday ... What's everyone listening to?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3017070
3017070, New Music Friday ... What's everyone listening to?
Posted by thebigfunk, Fri Jun-21-19 09:57 AM
Haven't done this in a minute (I don't think). What are you excited about that's coming out this week? What's got your attention recently? Not limited to new music, of course...

Scrolling through the new releases, a couple quick adds on apple music that I'll definitely be listening to:

Mark Ronson - Late Night Feelings

Prince - Originals
(been out, I know, but only on Tidal I think)

Bedouine - bird songs of a killjoy
(this is on some nick drake meets laetitia sadler vocals meet late-night-melancholy-that-is-still-really-pretty thing and I'm kind of in love with it)

And it looks like Quantic's got a new one - that's just at a quick first glance. What's everyone got?

-thebigfunk

~ i could still snort you under the table ~
3017072, I'm on a folk trip
Posted by benny, Fri Jun-21-19 10:48 AM
the new Big Thief and Tallest Man On Earth albums are spectacular, ATOY contenders for me likely. Otherwise listening to Freddie Gibbs on repeat, waiting for the LP to drop
3017079, RE: I'm on a folk trip
Posted by thebigfunk, Fri Jun-21-19 12:34 PM
>the new Big Thief and Tallest Man On Earth albums are
>spectacular, ATOY contenders for me likely

Adding them to the list - don't know Big Thief and haven't checked in on Tallest Man... in a while!

-thebigfunk

3017074, a few this week
Posted by , Fri Jun-21-19 11:06 AM
Deep Diving into Tyler, the Creators catalog, as I like him more and more and never gave his early work an ear

That new GOLDLINK, but the more I listen the less I want to listen... and I'm a fan.

They Might Be Giants. My 9th month old is diggin their entire catalog.

SAULT - can't get enough of this album.

The National - I am east to find - their latest album... still trying to LOVE it.

JIm Jones,- El Capo - trying to get into it

Black Milk - went back and listened to FEVER and TRONIC this week. STILL DOPE

werd.
3017080, RE: a few this week
Posted by thebigfunk, Fri Jun-21-19 12:39 PM

>
>They Might Be Giants. My 9th month old is diggin their entire
>catalog.

Raising the children right, I see

>SAULT - can't get enough of this album.

absolutely - at first it kind of felt a bit kitschy to me but after one or two more spins that went away, now every listen I'm just floored at something I hadn't noticed before

>Black Milk - went back and listened to FEVER and TRONIC this
>week. STILL DOPE

he's one of my favorites of the last 10 years or so in terms of progression. Tronic was amazing - I feel like everything he's released since then has either been substantially solid or a genuine step forward in terms of the development of his sound and skill. Just great listening all around

-thebigfunk