Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectPete Rock & C.L. Smooth "We Specialize"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3013665&mesg_id=3013909
3013909, Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth "We Specialize"
Posted by Dj Joey Joe, Tue Feb-12-19 06:14 AM
This was the last song they did together before the break-up, back in the late 90's.

It was on the "Searching Remix" promo 12" inch single released only in Japan, I think Elektra Records was going to release this as the third 12" single from the "Main Ingredient" album but when both were having issues I guess the label just decided to not even release it officially; in the US it was just the regular version promo 12", but in Japan EastWest (WEA) went as far as putting the remix to "Searching" and an unreleased song "We Specialize" as a b-side cut which became & still is a sought after 12".

I thought "We Specialize" would've been on the "Rare Tracks" EP that came out in Japan as well (which I bought thinking it would be on there but I ordered it without seeing a tracklisting) but they just put "Take You There Remix, Lots Of Lovin' Remix, I Got A Love Remix, Get On The Mic Remix, It's Not A Game, Mecca & The Soul Brother Remix (which was on the cassette of M&TSB), Straighten It Out Remix (was also on the cassette of M&TSB), Creator original EP version, T.R.O.Y. Vibes Remix, & Searching Remix.

I'm still surprised it didn't include "One In A Million" from Poetic Justice soundtrack, "What's Next On The Menu" from Who's The Man soundtrack, and "Death Becomes You" from the Menace II Society soundtrack; oh well.

I'm glad they got back together, hopefully they will make a new entire album together other than doing one song here & there.