Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectEhhh, of course WE would love that. And people 35, 40+ would love it
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3000043&mesg_id=3000140
3000140, Ehhh, of course WE would love that. And people 35, 40+ would love it
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Wed Jan-10-18 12:20 PM
but Usher's main fanbase ain't the same as us. It's pretty difficult to say, honestly...his last true smash album and hits were from "Confessions," although he's had random hits since then. He became a mega star, and because he was always more progressive, it might seem as if he's going backwards to some folks...versus Bruno, who's always had a vintage style, if that makes sense.

Like, "Yeah" was low key revolutionary at the time, and became like the second biggest song of the decade. I feel like whatever he makes still has to have a strong modern polish, even if it is vintage, in order for it to really move units.

But of course, I wish he could just make something vintage and classic. NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY would ever request "OMG," yet they still ask for "Bad girl" "U don't have to call" and "You make me wanna"