Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI'm here to both agree and take my L
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2988897&mesg_id=2989153
2989153, I'm here to both agree and take my L
Posted by Anonymous, Mon Apr-24-17 03:23 PM
Well, I don't know if it's a complete L because of a technicality but the Blank Face album is dope as fuck. I do think my point was that in general it won't be seen as a classic because it will come and go in the grand scheme of things which it pretty much did. With that said, I do love that album. I think you compared it to Game Theory which I still don't agree with. I see it more like Hell Hath No Fury. A dope ass R rated flick with a cohesive sound.

On the Kendrick note, I agree that he doesn't have songs that I love. I don't go to his albums and say "I need to hear this joint" and imo that's where I give him credit for creating complete albums. However, like you, I just don't find his songs that great. He's a great MC and I love how he creates his product and projects his content, but if I honest, it's still whatever as a whole outside of TPAB.

I get what you're saying with the Guru point as well. I think Guru is dope but I fully get the comparison in that sense.

I also find it funny that everyone says that Nas is their favorite and then turns around and says that he only has one ore two great albums. Kind of a strange statement.

Ive been rocking I Am in light of this post and I know you're someone that likes that album as well. I actually don't even get the hate.

It's the cool thing to say the production was wack just like it's cool to dick ride Kendrick I guess.