Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjecthonestly, though? It is strange how worked up you seem over K.dot
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2988897&mesg_id=2989119
2989119, honestly, though? It is strange how worked up you seem over K.dot
Posted by Stadiq, Mon Apr-24-17 11:15 AM

You are all up in every thread about him trying to, I guess, change people's minds or catch them in something or some sh!t.

I don't get it.

Take the Oddisee thing.

I don't get what ya'll see (hear) in dude. I mean, he is clearly a great producer.

But I find him boring, often average on the Mic, and frankly...WAY too regular dude preachy. WAY too preachy.

I kind of feel the same way about him that you do about Kendrick...I think a lot of folks already decide they are going to like his music before it drops.

Is it as many people as Kendrick? No. But the same type of instant praise happens.

I try it, don't get, and keep it moving.

I may make a "I wish I liked him like ya'll" type post, and its the end.

Because I figure it just isn't my cup of tea.

A lot of folks on here LOVE him, and ya'll have good taste in general.

So why would I park myself in every Oddisee thread trying to have ya'll prove to me WHY you like him so much??

That is basically what it seems like you are doing here. I think you have posted in these threads more than anyone else, which you gotta admit bro...is...odd.

I'd ask that you kind of check the whole "ya'll are brainwashed" type accusations too.

A lot of us are just as old, have similar tastes, etc. We aren't some kids getting fooled by hype or some sh!t.

Hell if anything, some of us are probably LESS likely to like something popular.

We just genuinely love Kendrick's music. And people from all walks do. This isn't some fluke.

Also, a reminder, this board was down with him at least since OD, so it isn't like we all jumped on the hype train.

Either way, at some point you can't debate subjective taste. You don't feel Kendrick like we do? Cool.

As far as this run he's on, its up there IMO. A lot of us feel that way. *shrugs*