Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectYou don't have to rock with it
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2988897&mesg_id=2989061
2989061, You don't have to rock with it
Posted by Kosa12, Sun Apr-23-17 09:32 PM
"It honestly feels like people *want* there to be high highs because we feel there should be. I get it...he's the new cat to love and he's got mainstream success so it makes it easy to ride for him because he is a very good artist among the rest of the bullshit." Pretty much addressed this opinion in the post I wrote to Spidey, but no, that is not the reason I personally hold him in such high regard, you are going to have to deal with the fact that some people just don't think like this.

Anyway, I don't agree with you at all. DAMN has higher highs with Pride, Fear, DNA, Duckworth, Lust, Feel, - I love all of those songs more than my favorite songs on the Odd record, which are "You Grew Up" and "Like Really". I have listened to that Odd album a lot - I think Odd is a great rapper and producer, one of the best around right now in fact - I loved the Odd Tape too - but I think Kendrick is a better rapper and have for an extremely long time (though OKP is the only place this comparison gets brought up I'm sure had you asked me this around the time Section 80 dropped I would've told you the same thing). Kendrick has much more range stylistically as far as his vocals and flow goes and is also, like Oddisse, a great lyricist.

Anyway, Odd is dope live, I saw him open up for Talib Kweli in like 2010 and he was amazing - he was also with Diamond District. That was a great show - in DC too.