Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI just can't rock with this...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2988897&mesg_id=2989055
2989055, I just can't rock with this...
Posted by Anonymous, Sun Apr-23-17 09:00 PM
>I honestly disagree with you on every single one of those, I
>enjoy the Kendrick albums more in regards to every aspect,
>except for me between DAMN vs The Iceberg it's difficult
>because they both just came out and I really enjoy both on a
>similar level, except DAMN has much higher highs and lower
>lows IMO. The Iceberg is a much more consistent album in terms
>of quality - this kind of mirrors the I Am discussion except
>both of these albums are MUCH BETTER than I Am IMO. Anyway, I
>wouldn't say it's crazy to prefer The Iceberg at all, because
>it is a great album and also they are radically different MCs
>haha.
>
>and yeah, both are great - I'm seeing Oddisse live in May

DAMN has much higher highs? Nah, not at all. The production on The Iceberg is just simply better and the songs are written better. People are really under estimating how dope Oddisee is on the mic. He is a GREAT songwriter and his delivery are in the pocket on his beats perfectly.

What are these high highs on DAMN? It honestly feels like people *want* there to be high highs because we feel there should be. I get it...he's the new cat to love and he's got mainstream success so it makes it easy to ride for him because he is a very good artist among the rest of the bullshit. But I'm just not on that wavelength. There is absolutely nothing outstanding at DAMN at all. And y'all got me shitting on it when I actually like about half of it. But the highs are not there. The hype is really pushing this shit to a level it's not.

I've only seen the live clips of Oddisee on YouTube but he looks dope live so I hope you enjoy!

Who knows...maybe when you see him live you will be even more of a fan.