Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjecthmmm
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2988897&mesg_id=2988949
2988949, hmmm
Posted by Kosa12, Sat Apr-22-17 07:01 PM
>I just don't have him on messiah level like y'all.

You don't have to be a messiah to make better albums than I Am and Nastradamus, I think every MC is worse than Nas, but lots of MCs have made better albums than those

>It's just strange how the bar gets moved and then all of a
>sudden MCs are equals.

The bar hasn't been moved, we just don't agree with you

>Nastradmus is not good, I Am is good. The thing with Nas is hat if his album isn't GREAT y'all act like it sucks.

Nastradamus is terrible. I Am is a bad album that could be greatly enhanced by some trimming. I don't think Hip Hop is Dead or Untitled are great albums, but I don't think they are bad - definitely not as bad as the ones we are talking about.

>Like I said, the highs on I Am are higher than DAMN. That shit
>is fact.

Not a fact, but I agree with you, though if you ask me in a couple years I may have "FEAR" on that level - that is one of my favorite hip hop songs in a long time. The highs on I Am are aided by the fact that I have pretty much memorized them at this point lol.

My main point is - like you made a comment on averages in this post - if I were to create an average for I Am (track scores) it would not be as high as any Kendrick album. We can agree to disagree on that, but I just wanted to make that clear.

As for your comments on people liking Kendrick's concepts more than his actual music...don't really see how that is true at all, especially after the reception of DAMN, then again it's hard to have a conversation like this without factoring in our age difference...I am pretty confident in saying that there is a huge audience in/around my age (25) that genuinely loves Kendrick's music