Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI do like Kendrick
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2988897&mesg_id=2988945
2988945, I do like Kendrick
Posted by Anonymous, Sat Apr-22-17 06:35 PM
I just don't have him on messiah level like y'all.

It's just strange how the bar gets moved and then all of a sudden MCs are equals.

Nastradmus is not good, I Am is good. The thing with Nas is that if his album isn't GREAT y'all act like it sucks.

Like I said, the highs on I Am are higher than DAMN. That shit is fact.

And I really don't want to make this Nas vs Kendrick thing because my point is that Kendrick simply isn't on GOAT level status and he never will be. He isn't that nice. He has one GREAT album and that is TPAB.

Kendrick has done a magnificent job of earning "ambition points" and people tend to like his project concepts more than the actually music.

He also has landed perfectly on that middle line of intelligence where the mainstream fans think he's a genius and the heads love the fact that he's creative and saying something regardless if they think he's the best MC or not.

That is what he is great at. He has found a way to connect and make less intelligent people think he's deeper than he is and intelligent people love him for pushing that agenda in the mainstream.