Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectok, so... why???
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2972517&mesg_id=2974720
2974720, ok, so... why???
Posted by thebigfunk, Tue Oct-04-16 06:21 AM
Can someone in the know explain why on earth Pandora wouldn't be archiving the full episodes of this sort of stuff? Same thing w/Apple or Beats One or whatever. Like, I understand music rights issues, but why not make a rights-free version of the show? Would that be impossible?

I'm truly asking -- I haven't heard it yet, because I don't get around to it when it airs.

It seems silly to me that you have these new digital radio shows refusing to take advantage of the very thing that distinguishes regular radio from digital radio: ease and commutability of access. Which is ironic, because NPR, which obviously is more traditional radio format, is *all* about ease and commutability now, with every show and then some being available as podcasts from the get.

And more listeners = more advertising money. My guess is most people logging in aren't looking for the mixes - they're looking for the full show.

It's bad enough that we're in this new period of super-proprietary shit, where every new music player is trying to carve out their niche and their exclusives and make folks pay for it. That sucks, but I understand it. Hard for me to understand why these companies seem to work *against* themselves sometimes.

To the point version: Pandora, get your shit together and make archive the full Quest shows.