Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: Why do you assume he doesn't also have problems with those topics?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2971418&mesg_id=2971879
2971879, RE: Why do you assume he doesn't also have problems with those topics?
Posted by HIM, Fri Aug-26-16 12:41 PM
>Furthermore, you are really, really trying to downplay how
>awful those lyrics are. It wasn't like it was just a lyric or
>verse dedicated to their hatred of homosexuals, it was an
>entire song shitting on all homosexuals. Contrary to what you
>believe, other groups in the same vein as ATCQ don't have such
>songs in their catalog. Maybe they do, I just don't recall
>other groups who portrayed themselves in the same manner as
>ATCQ making songs like this.

He just might have an issue with it. That's why I ask him. I dont know and I await his response.

I assumed that because I don't recall him wilding out on any other groups like he did on Tribe.
My point being, Hip Hop has always had output that was extremely disrespectful and damaging to certain groups of individuals.
Why is this not just another example of that if all the other stuff is passable?

As far as other groups, I never said anything about groups in the vein of ATCQ. I was referring to hip hop artist in general.

I'm not attempting to down play how awful the content of the song is. I fully agree. They were totally out of line with this.

What I'm trying to get across is, he jumped out the window and said stuff like "F Tribe" "...they had me fooled" "...I spat on Phife's grave"...etc.
Acting like they put this song out. Somehow, he came to view Tribe as some infallible entity that walked on air and slept on water.
He made it sound like they've been LGBT advocates and have taken an active lead in the advancement of LGBT causes or something when that's not even remotely the case.

He really bugged out on the group's entire legacy because of something they said 20+yrs ago and (for whatever reason) did not release.

I guarantee that SoWhat has said something that he later realized that he should not have said. He'd rather not be treated like he treated Tribe I'm sure.

Anyway,after getting around to reading some of the post from others about what SoWhat said on that other topic, I realize that I'm wasting my time here addressing him because his perspective is clearly on some old otha notha type stuff. So that being said, I see why this leaked demo got up under his skin so bad.