Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectSounds like you are very upset and let down but remember...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2971418&mesg_id=2971787
2971787, Sounds like you are very upset and let down but remember...
Posted by HIM, Thu Aug-25-16 02:35 PM
>Punk ass hating motherfuckers had me fooled. Eyes wide open
>now. Fuck. Them.

Back in that time frame, this was pretty much the general sentiment in hiphop. There were many songs that said things like this and much worse.

You are really upset with a group of guys that made an offensive record 20 years ago and DIDNT RELEASE IT. SOOOO many other artist released songs with these same types of lyrics. I'm guessing you were or are likely a fan of some of them.

Questions:
Do you communicate today, the same way you communicated 20+yrs ago?

If not, do you tend to be more wreckless now or more considerate now?

Would it be "right" for someone to take something you "said" 20+yrs ago and say "F SoWhat! I cant believe he said that 20 yrs ago" today?

Of ALLLL of the terrible things that rappers have recorded and released on a song over the years, why did this song, that was never released (and was most likely never meant to be heard by anyone again), conjure up so much emotion with you?

Did the songs about murder make you this upset with a rapper?
Did the songs about mistreating and disrespecting women make you upset with a rapper?
Did the songs about calling women(black women especially)bitches and hoes make you upset with a rapper?
Did the songs about rappers selling poison(drugs) to people in their community make you upset with a rapper?
Did the songs about gang bangin' make you this upset with a rapper?

If not, why not?

If Tribe catches your wrath for this, then are you ready and willing to also apply that same anger to all of the other artist who are guilty of the items listed above?

It sounds like you've put Tribe on some sort of idol type pedestal.(big mistake)

Remember, they are humans.
Humans do dumb things. Often. ESPECIALLY YOUNG RAPPER HUMANS who happen to be superstars with money and access to all that the world has to offer.

I'm really just saying all of this to encourage you to remember to put yourself in the seat of the judged before you proceed to do the judging.

I understand your disappointment but it's not like Tribe has been the champion supporters of all things LGBT for the past 20yrs and you just suddenly uncovered the "real" Tribe.

They are HUMAN rappers and they just did what HUMAN rappers do/did back then.