Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectnever meet artists
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2971418&mesg_id=2971630
2971630, never meet artists
Posted by EAS, Tue Aug-23-16 08:19 PM
because they will more than likely be different than the art they portray thus disappoint you. Art isn't 100% reflection of a human being and their ideas. It is packaged in a certain way and they expose whatever they want you to see. It isn't, 'here.....here are all my actual thoughts and beliefs on the world' now buy what I am selling. It's 'here's what I want you to see', now buy it. Time, place, and end goal has to be put in context.

Hip hip was birthed out of a West Indian culture and West Indians can be maaad homophobic. It doesn't make it right....and it doesn't excuse it, it just places things into context. I don't spit on Phife's grave, I feel sorry for him and those like him. If Bill O'Reilly dies, the same would go for him. Same for Klan members. Not to say that I will let them harm me or do whatever. But while fighting back, and let's say in the process I kill 1 or 2, I bury them, pay my respects......then keep it moving. I won't be like 'Hah, glad you are dead....I piss on you'. Nah.

But, I see what you are saying and understand the anger.

Hope there is an artist out there who fully represents what you want in their art as well as his/her personal life.