Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectplus it's new to me. i'm still processing it.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2971418&mesg_id=2971516
2971516, plus it's new to me. i'm still processing it.
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Aug-23-16 10:27 AM
my reaction yesterday was visceral. it came up b/c i was talking to a friend about the new Tribe album coming (super excited!) and he asked if i'd heard this GP thing. i'd heard ABOUT it but hadn't heard it. so then i did. and was like...FUCK THIS SHIT. then i made the post.

and as i made it i googled looking for some statement or som'n where Tip apologized.

it hurts especially b/c i don't fuck w/too much HH due to the prevalence of bitches and faggots and shit. Tribe was one of the few 'safe' groups out there. i already knew about Oh My God and i had put that past me and blamed it squarely on Phife being from one of those islands or whatever and he was young and dumb then so i figured it was maybe a one time thing. but then i had heard ABOUT GP and i just put it out of my mind b/c i didn't want to lose one of my faves. but after hearing it...it's not like they just dropped a line or 2. it's an ENTIRE SONG. i can't look past it. i can if the group apologized and/or decried homophobia or som'n like that. but w/o that...i can't excuse this shit.

the ppl in here are known Lesson hateful folks. i'm not surprised by any of them - none of them are 'my ppl'. the ppl i actually fuck with (except you, Tone) haven't responded.