Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectNah I meant that literally.... in a figurative sense. lol.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2970096&mesg_id=2970194
2970194, Nah I meant that literally.... in a figurative sense. lol.
Posted by Cold Truth, Mon Aug-01-16 06:59 PM
I mean it both ways, odd as that seems on the surface. It's a lot like having a great circle of close friends and then coming up on an gorgeous and engaging new girlfriend. Everyone else can kick rocks for awhile because you're busy getting it in. Why kick it with your boy when you can bang out with this fine specimen before you? Your boys will be there after she's gone.

So I meant it literally in that it *made* everything else essentially dead to me for about a month. Why listen to something else when I have this dope ass RE album that everything else pales against? I'd throw something on and switch to TOT after a few songs. I didn't want to listen to anything else for a good while.

It's obviously figurative in the sense that, yeah, there was some great music available at the time.... it just took awhile to give any of it any real attention because TOT was the dopest thing I'd ever heard at the time.

It's why all the "hyperbole" rants about my passionate jubilance for Blank Face; *EYE* fucking know how the fuck *EYE* feel about something when *EYE* listen to it and *EYE* don't need to measure *MY* fucking reaction against how anyone else feels about it. Feel me?