Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectObviously not the best, but the Oh No one is really underrated
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2961034&mesg_id=2961112
2961112, Obviously not the best, but the Oh No one is really underrated
Posted by PCProductions, Wed Mar-30-16 02:51 PM
First of all, I love this show a lot as it caters to exactly the type of thing I'm into and I'm super glad it exists and continues to get big name guys on it. Props to Mass Appeal for this.

But I wanna touch on the Oh No episode. I would say most viewers were rather disappointed--or even downright disgusted from seeing his studio setup--but that one is exactly what rhythm roulette is about: challenging yourself. 9th Wonder, to me, clearly made a mental note about where the soul section was and I kinda consider this cheating. Oh No went for n64 cartridges... now that's bravery. He got really rough picks, too, but if you really give the beat a chance, especially with at the part with the muted "cheers", I can really see some genius at work. Oh and when he added that ghost snare, it was easy to see how naturally beatmaking came to him.

Anyway, I agree with Erick Sermon probably having the best end product. Large Pro is there as well. Lotta great beats came outta this series.