Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: Which Album Do You Prefer And Why?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2959551&mesg_id=2959590
2959590, RE: Which Album Do You Prefer And Why?
Posted by thebigfunk, Tue Mar-15-16 12:08 PM
When I first looked at the list, I thought --- that's tough.

But then I sat with it a second and knew right away. If we're talking about the record I am mostly likely to play top to bottom, the one that regularly returns to my rotation, it's TFA. Every other record has at least three to four tracks that I skip and rambles in areas. My reaction to them is more dependent on my mood. TFA doesn't need any skipping (save the last track) and can work in pretty much any setting for me. Lyrically it is packed with high points, and from a musical perspective, everything clicks on TFA. It is innovative in all the right spots, familiar when it should be.

Full order would be:
TFA
BOBS
Fantastic
LWFC
TOT

Two caveats:
#1 It pains me to put LWFC at #4 -- of the whole bunch, I think I appreciate its total vision the most. But large chunks are skippable for me these days.

#2 BOBS is a very close second, mainly because of Mos's nearly flawless rhymes. All in all, I probably play tracks from BOBS more often than TFA - but I rarely listen to the whole thing from top to bottom, and the end especially wanders.

-thebigfunk

~ i could still snort you under the table ~