Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectBegin - Lion Babe
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2957530
2957530, Begin - Lion Babe
Posted by Sleepy, Sun Feb-21-16 08:41 PM
I just found out that the full length dropped in the last month sometime. I don't know if it dropped here in the States yet, as the only physical copies I find are all imports, and they are out of stock on their website. It is on Spotify so there's that.

"Satisfy My Love" is crazy to me.

2957531, I'm irritated at how hard this album is being slept on.
Posted by Hitokiri, Sun Feb-21-16 08:47 PM
It's a very solid debut and a GOOD album.
2957532, I copped the digital first day.
Posted by JFrost1117, Sun Feb-21-16 08:51 PM
Much like "TLOP", I was hoping they'd have a vinyl+digital release, but I couldn't find it. I hate this trend of releasing an EP, then putting all the songs from the EP onto the debut. Like, however long it's been, you should not still be putting "Treat Me Like Fire" on anything that you're selling. "Satisfy My Love" is sexy as fuck, though.
2957533, Yeah I agree with this
Posted by Hitokiri, Sun Feb-21-16 09:57 PM
>I hate this trend of
>releasing an EP, then putting all the songs from the EP onto
>the debut. Like, however long it's been, you should not still
>be putting "Treat Me Like Fire" on anything that you're
>selling.

>"Satisfy My Love" is sexy as fuck, though.
That and Stressed Out! are my joints.

2957534, The EP having almost half the album was disappointing...
Posted by Sleepy, Sun Feb-21-16 09:58 PM
I look at what King did with their album (another great debut album). They took the EP songs and extended them/revised them. It's a good idea. Since a good percentage of the songs have been around for a while, it doesn't seem as fresh as it could/should. I still love Treat Me Like Fire, and I think it does belong here, being the debut full length.

I heard ESPN was showing some love to one of the songs. I remember last year "Jump Hi" was used for a NBA promo, but maybe some other track is being used?
2957539, I wanna say "Wonder Woman".
Posted by JFrost1117, Sun Feb-21-16 11:10 PM
Capitalizing off of a Pharrell popularity wave.
2957551, It's Where Do We Go
Posted by Sleepy, Mon Feb-22-16 12:10 AM
Which is the single...
2957538, agreed
Posted by astralblak, Sun Feb-21-16 11:10 PM
2957602, maybe cause the ep was so strong
Posted by madwriter, Mon Feb-22-16 11:08 AM
the album is kind of underwhelming. since half of it is previous released songs. and that is what they got from pharrell. usually a pharrell song is a standout. and i think the fact that the music videos are really just plain boring performance pieces of her dancing ahs not helped with my interest. i think duos should look at how Quadron did their visuals for their first album as a great way to push your image and stand out
2957650, eh...treat me like fire is still the best track she has ever done
Posted by Hellyeah, Mon Feb-22-16 01:34 PM