Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectmick jack got a lifetime pass, dogg...for WACK shit
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2945420&mesg_id=2947375
2947375, mick jack got a lifetime pass, dogg...for WACK shit
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Oct-15-15 11:08 AM
>i mean did Michael Jackson get a 30 year pass? MJ went out
>subpar with Inivincible, and his last great stuff was
>stranger in moscow,

dogg, mike's biggest album is full or corny ass shit that hasn't stood the test of time, sonically. no one wants to have honest critiques of mike's shit. it's full of corny synths that quincey pulled from prince in the first fuckin place and used them to create a sonic palate of corny ass disney music that became MICHAEL JACKSON SOUND post-off the wall. thriller and bad are silly ass cartoons. if music had nutritional value, them shits were TWINKIES, my nigga. that's why niggas focus on mike's VISUALS...he fuckin danced and niggas love that magic and they associate that shit to the music, which is ultimately an AFTERTHOUGHT. it kills me that no one be telling the truth about mike's legacy. like i'm supposed to say he was a musician and songwriter because he'd make the beat with his voice and a producer and REAL musicians would flesh that shit out into a FINAL PRODUCT!?!?!? FUCK NO i ain't giving credit for that. that's ridiculous.

>Dangerous last album,however take MJ for instance he still
>went further with tight cuts,etc..

what tight cuts? niggas only remember the songs with the big budget videos, LIKE ALL MJ'S MEMORABLE SONGS.

>if Prince had have done something from the 90's til now at
>least on a album or something that stuck then i could
>understand, however for all those albums.hype,etc... the cat
>just doesn't match the hype
>and it ain't like he ain't trying.

prince had a top ten hit EVERY YEAR for more than a decade, well into the 90s. i've let you revise history long enough, because i enjoy your cysey ass trolling, but facts are facts. you can still troll and i'mma still laugh, but you ain't gonna just get to SAY STUFF no more. not when i check out a thread. if i see it, i'm correcting it and i'mma go right back to laughing.

>oh personally there alot of artists whom i feel are better
>than prince and their stuff has aged better than Prince.

guess what? mike ain't one of them.

>Prince is strong on stage i have always usually given him
>that, though he has been spotty there as well at times.

that's because he's a musician. he's arguably THE most talented musician of the rock era and he's in serious consideration for the single most talented musician EVER...like, in the history of earth, my dude. NOBODY will ever say that about mike...because it's LAUGHABLE. mike's the biggest music star ever, like tom cruise is the biggest movie star ever. that's IT!!! why make it bigger than it was. i lived through it. he was a performer. at no time...EVER...was he the BEST at MAKING ***MUSIC***...he didn't DEFINE an era of MUSIC.

i know who did tho. and that's what you can't stand.

>but studio wise, they need to Put a Yellow tape line if he is
>even thinking of entering the building.

shit, i don't disagree. the shit he making now is trash.

>
>issue i have with Purple Heads is folks act like there weren't
>other happening and very talented acts out when Prince was at
>his peak
>and prime.

there were maxxx, but they weren't in the same fuckin galaxy. we all know it. if you lived through it. you know this. every MUSICIAN who lived through it, from quincey to fuckin tori amos KNOWS who THE NIGGA was. for some reason, it bothers you that mike don't get to be the biggest music star of the era AND the BEST MUSICIAN of the era.

>and it was always about the sound with Prince overall.
>
>not everybody who knows or follows Music feels Prince.

that's the case with EVERYBODY, maxxx. i don't FEEL that beatles, but apparently, people think they're great.

>he got alot of fans
>and he alot of folks who are indifferent to him

again...same with every artist. you're not saying anything.

>and alot of that is his fault for so much subpar material on
>the real,

cyse. that was the case since the 80s. has nothing to do with subpar material

>but he can always tour except when he brings them broke Go's
>Go's

i seriously wish mike hadn't died, because i was so looking forward to him aging on stage and doing them wack PLAYED ass dance moves...SLOOOOOOOOWLY.