Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: Stevie Wonder wins by a landslide
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2945420&mesg_id=2946945
2946945, RE: Stevie Wonder wins by a landslide
Posted by murph71, Sat Oct-10-15 10:41 AM
>Prince can't even perform most of his songs without feeling
>embarrassed today and he dosen't have the songs that touch
>people on a emotional level like Stevie's material (expect for
>Purple Rain)

I mean...just say that's your opinion...And I can respect that. But I've seen your other posts about Prince, homie....Basically what I'm saying is once YOU started agreeing that P's best '80s work cannot even fuck with Stevie's 80's (which while underrated is iniversally viewed as a few notches below his GOAT work from the past decade) it's damn near impossible to take you seriously....U basically showed your hand on some Maxx-lite shit...lol

But lets not generalize.....From "How Come You Don't Call Me Anymore" to "The Beautiful Ones" to "Adore," of course he has songs that touch people emotionally....lol....Just say they don't touch YOU....

>And Prince' Manic Monday can't compete with the songs Stevie
>Wonder wrote for other artists..

Again...I can dig that if that's YOUR opinion.....

>Prince has never come up with something as good as Tell me
>Something Good or I can't help it for an Mj or Chaka.

U mean he didn't come up with something as "black" as "Tell Me Something Good?" All I know is Prince could go from "777-9311" to "Nasty Girl" to writing a groove for a fucking Stevie Nicks hit ("Stand Back") cranking out a bluesy church joint for Patti Labelle ("Yo Mister") and then do some poppy R&B for Tevin Campbell....He didn't need to make a "I Can't Help It" (which is fucking brilliant BTW...My favorite song on Off The Wall...Stevie was on some other shit...)....He could knock out a "Glamorous Life" for another artist and then make a "Ballad Of Dorthy Parker" for himself, which is every bit is dope as "Tell Me..." or "I Can't Help..."

U could make a greatest hits out of the man's Vault outtakes....

>Stevie is just on another level man..
>as a singer, songwriter and producer.. even Prince would tell
>you this.. stop playing man.

Man...get the entire fuck out of here with this silly shit....lol

As a singer Stevie indeed beats P...But after that the battle is fierce and close.....I think it's a wash on songwriting....Production, I give a slight edge to Stevie because P usually dominates his aura and sound on other acts while Stevie is more subtle.....

But I'll take P's overall musicianship and prime stage show over Stevie's....

To me they are 1a/1b....U can't go wrong with either one....

But I'm giving u the side-eye for your "hate, hate, hate" Maxx impersonation....I laughed though....