Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectLondon 20th Feb Thoughts:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2920241&mesg_id=2921295
2921295, London 20th Feb Thoughts:
Posted by cal.25, Sun Feb-22-15 05:48 PM
All of what I thought of the show has been said before, but here are a few additional things:

GOOSEBUMPS during the first song Prayer, especially during the 'riiiiiseeee' part. Prayer and 1000 weren't my favourites from the album, but hearing them rocked out live but them into a new light for me.

Extended version of One Mo'gin was WOAH, and he went straight into the crowd during song too!!

Brown sugar remix was too good, the funkadelic bridge section is genius.

While D was changing into his Zoro suit, the build up for Really Love had the haunting Egyptian Song strings all over it (definitely Quest's guidance)

I think it had mostly BM cuts, but still a good amount of older songs, which catered for everyone. Slightly surprised there wasn't one cover too.

The band were KILLING it, probably the tightest band I've ever seen. D was going over the top calling out JB style hits, I think he caught out each band member at least once haha except for Pino - he's too solid in the game that shit

If I had to pick one improvement - I would've liked to have seen a horn section included. But apart from that 9.999999/10