Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: get mad.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2913211&mesg_id=2913770
2913770, RE: get mad.
Posted by iHoller, Sun Dec-21-14 03:35 AM
oh well the whole "fuck van hunt" part is pretty extreme. and it's a lot to say just because you're not a fan. but to say he has nothing on "d'lo or bilal..." while being a matter of tastes and music being "subjective" is...nonsenselessness

a second-rate lenny kravitz definitely doesn't fit the bill either. he's probably the single most slept on artist of the 2000's.

i watched one of his performances on youtube, and it was kind of like an open mic, and he was playing. his fans sung along with him. and they sung every word. no big deal right. wrong.

they sung every word, and they harmonized with him, not just sang along, they harmonized. i've literally never seen or heard anything like it. that's quite an accomplishment and a testament to his artistry.

to sing and play your songs to fans who are there because they genuinely love your music. and to have them not only sing back, but to literally harmonize with you as you sing; is rare and not to be understated in the current disposable music climate.

he's the real deal. and he's been consistently giving us good music, at least i know i'm never disappointed when i hear his records. he's got range, he can write, and play all that stuff with anyone i've ever heard. but real recognize real...

seriious question, do you make music?