Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectthis post reminded me that i didn't buy
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2913211&mesg_id=2913566
2913566, this post reminded me that i didn't buy
Posted by cbk, Fri Dec-19-14 12:43 PM
"airtight's revenge" and "a love surreal."

i don't know why, either. other stuff come out around the same time??

i was a HUGE bilal fan leading up to "1st born second." and when the album dropped, it was great. but i can see the criticism of it not having an overall theme, or being a cohesive piece of work. i remember bilal himself saying that the main theme was his musical "curiosity" and that was cool. but i wanted that curiosity to lend itself to something HUGE on the next LP. like some kinda masterpiece opus. unfortunately for me, "love for sale" wasn't that. it seemed timid. those moments on 1stBS when i was scared that his voice would explode at any minute weren't there. honestly, i can't really remember the album, and that's the problem. maybe i'll revisit.

in any regard, just musically speaking, that's why i think d'angelo gets more attention than bilal--bilal has not delivered on his promise...YET; HE STILL CAN!

meanwhile, d'angelo is batting 1.000 when it comes to delivering on his artistic promise.