Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectSMFH
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2899092&mesg_id=2899322
2899322, SMFH
Posted by Anonymous, Sat Aug-30-14 10:06 PM
First of all...you quoted a post well after my initial post in which your comprehension was already proven suspect as shit.

Secondly, for ME, everyone song gets looked at the same way. They need to check out in all 3 major categories; musically, lyrically and delivery.

The fact you said "who looks at Thriller for lyrics" further proves my point that people are giving it a pass.

I look at lyrics of EVERY song.

In the case of Thriller, Michael got pluses for the musicality and delivery. However, the lyrics to me are novelty bullshit which bring it down further than just having poorly written lyrics.

And my point this whole fucking time is; a so g that hits a home run in those 3 categories, is what I consider a great song.

Notice I didn't say Thriller was a bad song this entire post. Because it's not. 2 out of 3 categories are on point.

It just so happens, I can't stomach wack novelty bullshit like some of you can.

And please don't try to turn this into me sitting down and rating every song by three categories. That would only shine a brighter light on your ignorance, reading comprehension and agenda posting.