Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectFLylo might have beats on Kendrick's next one (swipe)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2893317&mesg_id=2897460
2897460, FLylo might have beats on Kendrick's next one (swipe)
Posted by mrshow, Wed Aug-20-14 02:39 AM
"Kendrick Lamar is one of the guests on Flying Lotus' new album You're Dead!. In a forthcoming interview with Pitchfork, Flying Lotus revealed that Kendrick has also recorded verses over several tracks he had previously set aside for his own Captain Murphy album.
"...We've been working on stuff together," he said. "I went on tour and he recorded to a bunch of my songs. I don't know if he's gonna use them or not, but he recorded a bunch of stuff, which is why there's no Captain Murphy album out yet. He took all my beats!"
When asked if he was just waiting to see which songs Kendrick uses and which ones he doesn't use, he responded, "Yeah! At this point, I don't even know! But he took, like, 12, 13 of my tracks, man. I think he recorded all of them, too. I just don't know if they're ever gonna see the light of day."
A second Kendrick feature was also supposed to make it on You're Dead!, but had to be removed for "political reasons," Flying Lotus said. Update: He clarified on Twitter that "it's all love":

End Swipe