Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectWhose career would you want: DJ Jazzy Jeff / Prince Paul / Q-Tip - Ali Shaheed Muhammad
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2887103
2887103, Whose career would you want: DJ Jazzy Jeff / Prince Paul / Q-Tip - Ali Shaheed Muhammad
Posted by forgivenphoenix, Wed Dec-31-69 07:00 PM
The poll breaks down into pop success or underground respect, although to be fair all three producers have had some level of both sides in their career.

Poll question: Whose career would you want: DJ Jazzy Jeff / Prince Paul / Q-Tip - Ali Shaheed Muhammad

Poll result (16 votes)
DJ Jazzy Jeff [Has Summertime to his credit which is a certified classic across all ages] (4 votes)Vote
Prince Paul [Highly influential, but outside of Me, Myself, and I, has no crossover hits] (4 votes)Vote
Q-Tip / Ali Shaheed Muhammad [Great music, although no crossover hits] (8 votes)Vote

2887126, As quite possibly the best DJ in the solar system..
Posted by The3rdOne, Fri May-30-14 10:08 PM
And his career as a producer is clearly a supplement to him eating off of spinning around the world...Why would one want to simplify him by this poll?

Jus sayin...

Lol
2887139, C'mon. Q-TIp and it's not even remotely close
Posted by Bombastic, Sat May-31-14 04:11 AM
Tip has produced at least three classic albums along with produced/discovered several other Hall of Fame acts.

He's Top 25 all-time as an MC in addition to that.

He put out a great album within the past five years, which is one of the few hip-hop artists ever to put out a great album twenty years after their debut.

Tribe was headlining festivals and playing arenas with Kanye last year.

Tip is a Top 5 Live MC.

But if he ain't rapping, he's probably somewhere DJ-ing, while getting paid a lot more to do so then Jeff or Paul.

He'd mop either of them in a brawl.

His financial statements look better.

And you could take the finest woman Prince Paul or Jazzy Jeff has slept with in their lives & I don't think they'd make the Top 50 cut of Q-Tip's.

Damn. No wonder Phife is always mad at him.

Don't get me wrong I love all three and respect each's contributions but this was not a fair fight.

2887216, I SERIOUSLY doubt..
Posted by The3rdOne, Sat May-31-14 11:10 PM
Tip get more cheese than Jeff on the DJ curcuit..

Cmon fam..

I mean jeff aint no Paris Hilton or Dave Guetta...

But damn...

2887223, not to mention
Posted by howardlloyd, Sun Jun-01-14 01:19 AM
the residuals on the worldwide phenomenon known as "the fresh prince of bel air"

its syndicated everywhere i have been (outside the U.S.).... for 20+ years
2887141, Yep Q-Tip easily he nailing A List actresses.
Posted by Kid Ray, Sat May-31-14 04:43 AM
Oh yeah he's talented too
2887158, Both Tip and Shaded have crossover hits though
Posted by Garhart Poppwell, Sat May-31-14 09:33 AM
But if I personally had to pick I'd take Jeff's career, he can eat good off what he loves doing and still be pretty anonymous
2887221, i guess you're referring to Lucy Pearl and Vivrant Thing?
Posted by organix, Sun Jun-01-14 01:06 AM

-----------------------------
http://www.shenzhenphotos.com